The 2014 season will mark the Minnesota Twins 24th spring training at Hammond Stadium at the Lee County Sports Complex in Fort Meyers, Fla. Only this time, the Twins will experience a new playing field.
Renovations being completed this Spring include:
- A new residential player development academy
- Renovations to the Minor League clubhouse and administrative areas
- A new Gulf Coast League playing field
- A new agility field
- Completion of a 360 degree boardwalk and concourse at Hammond Stadium, including new berm seating in left field
- Expansion of Hammond Stadium’s seating capacity of 8,000 to 9,300
- A new parking lot
Recognized as one of America’s top five spring training facilities, this change in the stadium is expected to only boost and promote what brings fans together, the love of America’s favorite past time.